Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Welcome to my world! :)

About a year and a half ago, I made the website MMAlibrary.com. The idea was to create a community, where BJJ and MMA enthusiastics could share techniques, drills, ideas, etc. I still think the idea is great, but unfortunately it never really worked out, since almost noone was willing to put in the time to upload stuff to the site.

So that project has been a little forgotten for the last year or so. Then recently, my friend Matt Kirtley (who was one of the few very active users on MMAlibrary) started a Jiu Jitsu journal (www.aesopian.com). I never really had the time to look into it untill a few weeks ago. I was caught. There was no turning back. I had to do something similar :) Also, I had been following www.gotjits.com for a longer period and always liked the idea. I am not making this blog to compete with the other guys, but only because I think it is a great way to communicate and share information with people of same interest. It is my contribution to the BJJ community.

So, here I am. MMAlibrary.com will be closed within a short period of time, and this will be my new place to share my thoughts and experiences with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I might have a little different approach to it than some of you, but hopefully we can all learn something from eachother and together enjoy this amazing sport that I love so much.

I don't believe in keeping secrets. I truly believe that sharing information is the way forward for our sport to keep developing and expanding in the future. I will write a piece on this later, but to sum it up - this blog will be my place to share all my secret moves and strategies. Hopefully to inspire someone out there, whoever you are, to do something simliar. In the end, we should all benefit from it. What you give is what you get!

Welcome to the world of Zhoozhitzu do Graugardo!

1 comment:

Aesopian said...

It's great to see you sharing online again. :)

__