Monday, March 5, 2007

Project 1000 flighthours

I am getting really desperate to train now, I can do absolutely nothing with this stupid knee :( All I do is hang out in the gym and lift weights, which bores me like hell.

So I have been thinking about a little project for myself I want to launch, when my knee is good again... "Project 1000 flighthours". I want to roll for 1000 hours and see what happens. I have no idea how long it is gonna take, but I am willing to give it a try. A year? Two years? Ten years? I am in the gym every day anyway, so I can always ask my friends if they wanna come by and roll a little. I think it is gonna be an exciting project and a lot of hard work.

I will use this blog to keep track of the hours and then evaluate when I one day finish it. I am eager to see how far I can go in 1000 hours of rolling.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice :)

Looking forward to hearing about your progress… And how your knee's coming along.

It would probably be a good idea to decide beforehand when you're going to look back on your progress: Every week, every 50 hours of rolling, or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I've started doing the same to keep me motivated... also I will aim at 1000 hours on guitar practising too =)

Jorks said...

Just wanted to let you know (maybe you already do) that one of the most universal definitions of "being an expert" (on any topic) is putting in 10 000 hours of work. So you will complete 10% of the road of becoming an expert in rolling:)

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

By rolling you mean 1000 training hours or 1000 hours of actual rolling? The second will take quite some time I suppose :)

Ari Westside said...

just stumbled on your blog. your project sounds really cool. I wish you luck and good health. jiu-jitsu for life!!!!!!!!!!

Christian Graugart said...

I mean 1000 hours of actually rolling. Not drilling or anything else, only full on sparring :)

D said...

Another cool idea by ya, bro. Keep up the good work. Your blog has encouraged me to start one of my own: http://betterwaybjj.blogspot.com/ .

__