Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bachelor Party Challenge Match

Last summer we had a grappling challenge match for a bachelor party. The soon-to-be-married challenger was fighting our instructor Ken Allen who weighed in more than 35 kilos lighter. I think this video is a prime example of how technique can be working against a big, strong guy.



By the way, I just realized that I never turned on anonymous commenting, so I hope that is probably why noone has commented any posts yet! :D It should now be possible to comment without having a Blogger account, so I am expecting floods of comments the next few days! :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I guess Danish people and American people do different things at bachelor parties... :)

Anonymous said...

Was Ken still back in Oregon last Spring? I think I saw him at the SBG Sub League. He was in a lighter weight class than me, but I saw one of his matches, he finished with a nice Brabo choke. Very cool he is over there with you now and showing the power of technique over strength and size. Zhoo-zhitsoooo!

Anonymous said...

Wicked match... looked like the bigger guy gassed after the first round though ;)

Christian Graugart said...

Yes, he moved to Denmark last summer so it was probably him you saw :)

Christian Graugart said...

jd >> I am pretty sure it wasn't the ONLY thing they did that day :D

Anonymous said...

I swear at the 4 minute mark it looks like he is wearing a g-string! Cool video and sweet site. Loved your iceland shots. I lived there from 89-92 while in high school, my prom was at the blue lagoon every year. memories:)

Christian
Jacksonville beach, FL
www.jaxbjj.com

Anonymous said...

Geez, I swear the big guy looks like Erik Paulson's non-grappling twin. :)

mackyton said...

I think everyone should host customized Bachelor Party as it is once in the lifetime opportunity for an individual. My sister is getting married and she is planning a funky rooftop party at one of her favorite party venues in NYC. I am sure that it will be a fun and crazy girly party.

__