Monday, March 19, 2007

Rolling again!!

YES! Finally I can roll again! I started out doing just a little guard work and standup some days ago, and today I turned up the intensity and rolled almost 100%. For some strange reason, after training today, my knee felt completely drained for liquid. Like it just disappeared during training. AWESOME!!!

During the last few weeks, I have just been lifting a lot of weights, which has been really boring. Last saturday, we had two guys from the gym fighting amateur MMA for the first time. It went great, one win and one loss. Here is one of the fights with Nicolas from the gym:



Most people think of our gym as a grappling school, so it is pretty cool to show up at MMA tournaments and hit people in the face instead... just as a surprise :D

I am so excited over the rolling today, it was such a relief to be able to work on the mat again. I was wearing a big smile for the entire evening of training.

I have now added the first mileage to my 1000 flighthours project. Total of five hours of sparring over the last few days. 995 hours to go!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a fast recovery. How was your cardio?

__