Monday, August 29, 2011

Visit from Robson Barbosa today

Robson (who normally teaches in Kaisho, Sweden) dropped by my gym today to teach a little bit. He ended up doing three classes; the juvenile team, a no-gi class and a gi class. It is always cool to have him visit and bring some inspiration to the team and everyone seemed to have a great time.

My shoulder is still not doing too well, so I had to skip most of the class today. I really wanted to roll with him now he was there though, so I sacrificed some of it's recovery for a few rounds both gi and no-gi. Always cool to spar with him as he has gotten a very special style.

I got a few stripes on my belt today too. I guess that means I better hurry up and become as good as I possibly can, before I one day get the black belt ;)








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your stripes. I enjoy your blog, keeps me motivated to pursue my BJJ goals.

Indianapolis Jiu Jitsu said...

Would be really cool to train with Robson!

Georgette said...

Parabens on the stripes :)

__