Monday, January 8, 2007

Crucifix from London

Hey all. Promised Mike to post some pics of this technique. It's a thing I've been working on for a few weeks. I haven't seen anyone else do it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to invent this :)

I pull it off now and then which is my criteria for incorporating it in my game. I still don't feel I have it really thight and thought through yet, therefore I would highly appreciate any comments, suggestions and/or experiences you might have with this technique!

It's a crucifix from the London position. It can be set up from several positions, but I prefer london, as it is very thight. I don't have a name for it yet, so feel free to come with your suggestions.


First, I have the london position. Notice the little spiderman on my right leg. My mum did that.


I go for the armbar (sloppy one, yes I know :)).


He pulls his arm out and I now have what I call a "wrong armbar" (as some beginners tend to try an armbar like this; on the wrong arm).


Instead of going for the omo plata, I quickly sit up using my left hand and reach around his back with my right hand. This is to prevent him from rolling and or leaning in to me to pass the guard around my left leg.


From this position I hook his right arm with my left foot.


When I have the arm hooked, I can release my grip around his back as it is very difficult for him to roll or pass now. Now I lay down on my left shoulder and trying to keep the grip with my legs thight (not quite as on the picture).


I feed his right arm to me using the hook with my left foot and get a solid grip with both hands in a palm up palm down grip. I pull it to me and, there is the submission.

No comments:

__